Friday, August 30, 2013

Last China Blog . . . Aug. 4 & 5


"Dinner in an Irish Pub in Beijing, China"
 
Interesting title for a post - I know.  Its the only place across the street from the hotel that is open at 10:30 pm.  I had been hoping to have a great bowl of cheap noodles, but that place is closed.

Had a full day today.  Visited the forbidden city this morning, rode in a rickshaw through an old Chinese neighborhood, more shopping, and a worship service tonight with all the people from all 3 camps.  Got to hear some great testimonies of Chinese students who came to the Lord through these camps over the last few years and are now fully engaged in spreading the Gospel throughout China. 

In the service was a missionary from N. China who brought a challenge about fishing for men and going where the fishing is good . . . Made the statement that fishing is better and so much more fun when you actually catch something.  That idea will be appearing in a sermon soon . . .

Back to the Irish pub in China. . . Sitting at a counter right at the window overlooking the street and a very cool lightening storm.  I am very excited to go home tomorrow.  I am certainly burdened for this huge country.  My mind is boggled by the enormity of the sheer # of people that don't know about Jesus yet, and unless things change, never will.  Our Chinese brothers and sisters are sharing, and they will be the ones to bring a great harvest to this country, but they need our prayers, help and resourcing. 
 
 
 
Aug. 5 "The Day with Two Sunrises"
I suppose I it's fitting since I started with "the day without a sunset" that we end with a day with two sunrises.  The sun rose this am on Aug 5 in Beijing, then again over Alaska, Aug. 5, on the way back.    I don't know if I'm just super tired, but that's kinda messing with my head at the moment!

 
 
When I got back to the States at the airport in Seattle, because of my own oversight in not checking my itinerary, I missed my flight to Denver.  When I've been counting down the hours until I saw my family again, I can't tell you how frustrating it was to be delayed some 6 hours! 

As I ran back and forth in the airport trying to find an airline with an open seat to Denver that night, I was confronted in my spirit with how incredibly angry and foul I was.  I hung up on one customer service person from India who was handling customer service for the Chinese airline that wasn't willing to work with me in getting a new ticket.  I was probably a very poor demonstration of the love and grace of Christ, and I realized how very desperately I need the Gospel in my life - Every day and every hour!

God worked it out for good in the end (like He always does).  Even if I had caught my flight like I was supposed to, I would have been in Denver at 6pm, but my bag didn't arrive until 12:30am!  So, my arrival at 12:15am worked out pretty well . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment