Sunday, August 18, 2013

China Blog July 29 "The view out my window"



The title for this post comes as I look out my window at the school campus where we are doing the English camp.  Just in the buildings i can see from my window I would guess live more than 40,000 people!  And I would wager there are many hundreds of apartment buildings like this in Beijing!  

The mass of humanity here is mind blowing.  And then to realize there are many many cities in China with huge populations such as this.  

Sometimes here in my room I just watch people go by on their daily business.  Across the street is a little trash collection station where the bicycle-cart trash collectors come and dump their loads.   I wonder if any of these people, walking, biking, working, or living in the apartment buildings - do they even know 1 Christian?  In their daily life, do they rub shoulders with someone walking in the Way?  If not, how will they ever know that Christ died for them to free them from a life of sin and the penalty that comes with it?  

Heart breaking . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment