Monday, August 19, 2013

China Blog post July 30


Last day of camp today.  I was surprised by the amount of emotion shown by the Chinese. The Americans who have been here the whole time have really done a good job of building relationships.  Time will tell what Gospel seeds were planted, but I know of a few stories of how the Gospel was shared one on one as students asked questions.

Then there's Lisa, the Chinese teacher aide who has become a new sister in Christ.  I was able to give her one of the resource CDs I brought over.  She really seems hungry to know more about The Lord, so hopefully it will be used well.  I had meant to give the few remaining CDs to our interpreter a few days ago, but I couldn't find them in my suitcase when I looked.  I guess God knew I'd need to hang on to at least one.  I have two more, I wonder who else God would have me give them to?
 
Then there's Randi, the dean of students here.  I got to have a good talk with her today about God.  She's a professing Buddhist but she admitted the only time she prays is like once or twice a year at some festival.  She seems to know a lot about Christianity but I think some of the ones she knows are "professing" much the same as with her Buddhism, so it's hard for her to see the difference.  China is more like America than I realized.

No comments:

Post a Comment