Wednesday, August 21, 2013

China Blog July 31


This morning I led the team's devotion after the campers left. Talked about the 5 challenges David Platt gives at the end of his book "Radical".  Really good stuff.  

Basically have free time the rest of the day.  The rest of the team at this camp has been running camp for 11 or 12 straight days since they arrived in country, so it is certainly well deserved rest time!  

For lunch we went to the train / subway station (huge - pictured below) that's about 4 blocks from the campus.  Lots of American food options there (KFC, MdD's, Burger King, Papa Johns, Starbucks).  I'm not actually craving American food to be honest, so I ate at "Paris Bakery" which had some really good baked goods.  

Walked through "Wu Mart" which is a little grocery store on the way back to campus, bought some chicken feet for a snack to bring back to the kiddos . . .  they'll love that I'm sure!

I've taken the rest of the afternoon to work ahead on my next two sermons.  My goal is when I get back to take a number of days off to recuperate from jet lag and make up for missed time with my family.  I know some might say "haven't you been on vacation for three weeks already?"    Ha ha ha!

I'll be spending the next few days really getting to know the team here better.  It's a pretty wide mix of people, from about 10 years old all the way to about 65, so quite a range of ages and stages of life.  All of us have this in common - a love for The Lord and a desire to use our lives to serve Him.  

Had to move rooms today so I get to bunk on the floor with a couple of the older guys.  Glad I have my air mattress!

No comments:

Post a Comment