Tuesday, August 6, 2013

"The day without a sunset". July 19


Ok, so that was a shameless attempt to create a dramatic title.  But, in my experience, July 18 became July 19 without a sunset.  The sun was shining when we left Seattle, and we simply followed it west to Beijing!

I can't really say I've learned any dramatic lessons yet . . . Other than I miss my family.  In my beginning days of ministry I dreamed of being a sought after speaker.  One who could travel the country, delivering compelling messages to hundreds, if not thousands of people.  I longed for people to say of me what i would say of camp or conference speakers- "wow, that guy can really speak well!"  

I am glad that God knew better.  I still get to communicate Gods Word to people, but not just as some stranger on a stage, but as a Pastor.  Someone who knows and loves the people I speak to.  

I would absolutely hate to travel often.  My heart goes out to those who do travel often on business.

Each day I will try to tell of how an intersection with one real life person impacted my trip.  Today I guess that person is Katie, the lady I sat next to from Denver to Seattle.  She travels often for business she said and, with a sadness in her voice, has to regularly leave her 1 and 3 year olds.  

God, thanks for adjusting the vain dreams of an immature minister so at I could have the joy of coming home each night to my wonderful family!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment